Trending

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sherwood Brown: Ever Closer

Sherwood Brown's road to the NBA didn't go as expected, but neither did his path to play college ball. Look how amazing that turned out.

Brown was not selected in the 2013 NBA Draft, and to my surprise was not signed to a NBA summer league roster. So Brown's path to reach the league is not the traditional one, but that isn't getting him off track.

"Plan on playing overseas one year, maybe two years. Get more skills, get a little better, get a better feel for the game and get back to the NBA," Brown said.

Brown has not signed a deal yet but said he has many offers on the table.

"I'm looking at my options, trying to find the best opportunity to come to the NBA next year," Brown said. "A country I'd like to go play in would probably be Spain, or somewhere like that. France maybe. I'm obviously going to go where it gives me the most advantages to get better."

In my multiple interviews with Sherwood Brown, he has emphasized the role of an underdog as a source of motivation. That motivation busted many brackets this year and let's hope it gives him a well deserved shot at the NBA also.

Be the first to know about the latest Sherwood Brown news by following the Eagles Nest on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By