Trending

Friday, May 2, 2014

Chase Fieler: Road To The Pros - Part I

Throughout his road to the professional level, Florida Gulf Coast Eagles forward Chase Fieler will update you on his progress by checking with exclusive Road To The Pros interviews here at fgcueaglesnest.com

Fieler recently concluded his historic career as an Eagle. He left the program as the career leader in rebounds (714), field goals made (487), games played (134), and blocked shots (134). He also became one of two FGCU players to record at least 13 field goals in a Division I game. The Parkersburg, W.V. product is a two time Atlantic Sun All Second-Team and Atlantic Sun Tournament Team selection.

Here, the Dunk City co-founder checks in with us for Part I of the series as he continued to practice and workout in preparation for the next level.

"I've been practicing with the team and working out with the different assistant coaches. Sherwood Brown came back in town so I've been working out with him a lot too. He gave me an idea about what workouts would be like and the stuff he worked on and stuff he wished he worked on - just a lot of insight on the difference going from the college level to the pro level.

The agent [Dave Saltzman] I signed with is out of Athens, Ohio which is where I grew up and spent ten years. I've worked out with his son since I was in high school so there is a lot of trust there. They have two pretty good clients in Nerlens Noel and Erik Murphy so I felt comfortable that they have a lot of connections and I just felt trust in him when I was talking with him.

[Switching from the two guard to forward] gives me different ideas and different ways I can play. It makes me a lot more marketable teams since I can play multiple positions."

For more on his journey, make sure to follow Chase Fieler (@fieler20) and us (@FGCUEaglesNest) on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By