Trending

Thursday, May 15, 2014

2015 Guard Fletcher Magee Bursting Onto Spring Scene

Fletcher Magee, a 2015 prospect with Each 1 Teach 1, has quickly become one of the hottest recruiting commodities this spring. The 6-foot-4 shooting guard has accumulated over ten offers since starting the AAU season.

"It's been because of my work. I go in and shoot and do dribbling drills at the YMCA in the morning and after school I have workouts with my team," Magee told the Eagles Nest. "My shooting and the time I've put into getting my ball handling better has definitely helped me get those offers."

In his second year with E1T1, Magee has averaged 8.1 points a game through two EYBL sessions so far. His most impressive performance came against Expressions Elite (Ma.), when he posted 17 points on an efficient 5/8 shooting. Coming off the bench is a change for Magee, who averages 20 ppg during the high school season at First Academy.

"I have to be willing to not play as much but to be efficient with the time I'm getting. I still play my normal game. I don't really dribble and create as much with E1T1, but my role is to be more of a shooter," Magee said. "It's a lot different, but I've adapted pretty good."

When on the court, Magee is productive with his time, often taking advantage of smaller match-ups.

"The best thing I take advantage of is shooting over people," said the 6'4" Magee. "I have a quick, high release so if a smaller defender is on me, I can just rise over and shoot it.

After keeping an eye on Magee for a while, FGCU offered the Orlando product in mid-April.

"I was really happy," Magee said. "I've been down on campus and seen what FGCU's like so I was really excited about it. Since they've shown success in their program, it's a really big offer. Especially with the program they're building there, and I think their best years are to come. They can do something special."

The program's noticeable success is due to the hard work of many Orlando area products. Olympia High School's Sherwood Brown was named 2013 A-Sun Player of the Year as he led the Eagles to a Sweet Sixteen. Brett Comer, who holds the program record for assists, committed to FGCU out of Winter Park HS.

"Them going to Florida Gulf Coast shows it's definitely a good fit for kids around here because they've all gone there and seemed like they enjoyed it," Magee said.

For more on FGCU, make sure to follow us on Twitter (@FGCUEaglesNest)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By