Trending

Thursday, November 28, 2013

My Time In Raleigh & Thank You To The Readers

Way back in April I turned my Florida Gulf Coast fandom and journalistic aspirations into the dinky fgcueaglesnest.blogspot.com. Now seven months later, the Eagles Nest has become something I could have never imagined.

I just returned from a trip to Raleigh, North Carolina where I covered the FGCU Men's Basketball game against NC State. After flying in from Chicago at about noon on Tuesday, I explored downtown Raleigh and grabbed a delicious burger at Mo Joe's.

When I finally made it to PNC Arena, about 30 minutes before tip-off (thanks to some crazy traffic), the venue was just overwhelming. After walking around and enjoying the sights and sounds, I finally found my seat and settled in for the game.
During the game I tweeted out some things that I hope you all found interesting. Following the game, I miraculously found my way to the FGCU locker room. There I was able to ask Coach Dooley and Chase Fieler a couple of questions. A couple of those quotes were included in the post-game report but you can listen to Dooley's responses here.

This was my first time covering a NCAA basketball game and it was one of the best experiences of my life. It is all thanks to you, the readers. Without you, this site would not be where it is today. The Eagles Nest has surpassed 14,000 views, which is incredibly astounding.

I try to give you the best FGCU coverage around and that includes interviews. I'm very thankful to have had the chance to interview Nick Rivera, Sherwood Brown, Jamail Jones, Harrison Cooney, and Jeff Goodman.

Following my trip to Raleigh, and today being Thanksgiving, I could think of no better day to recap my time here at the Eagles Nest and thank everyone who makes it possible. Stay tuned as I hope to continue providing some great Eagles coverage.

If you have any suggestions/comments/concerns, feel free to let me know because I am always open to changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By