Trending

Thursday, January 9, 2014

FGCU Keeping Close Eye On Determined 2015 Small Forward

With eight FGCU players potentially graduating following the 2014-15 season, the Eagles are going hard after some of the top Floridian talent in the class of 2015.

High on the list is small forward Jeantal Cylla, of Lake Worth Christian HS.

Behind the junior's 25 point average, the Defenders are 14-2 and best in their county.

"14-2, it's been a great start, competing with some of the best in Florida," Cylla said.

This fall, the attention has started pouring in for the 6-6 SF. He attributes that to all the hard-work during the off-season.
"I've been working every day this off-season, been doing one one one skills work with my coach. I know what I need to get better at and I've been working at that. It pays off in games,"

Cylla takes advantage of his athleticism and length to be an opponent's nightmare on the defensive end. His ability to finish near the rim has also garnered great attention.

Dunk City has been paying notice and keeping tabs on the rising star.

"I always let Coach Fly know how my team is doing. He is always keeping me updated on FGCU and how they are doing - we have a great relationship. Once in a while, Coach Dooley and I will talk. I just have a great relationship with the coaching staff there."

Dooley and company aren't the only ones taking notice; Cylla also holds offers from FIU, Memphis, and USF to name a few.

Cylla doesn't like to think about that though "right now I'm just focusing on winning, getting our team better."

For more on FGCU make sure to follow us on Twitter (@FGCUEaglesNest)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By