Trending

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Comer's Career Night Powers FGCU Over Lipscomb

(Courtesy of Linwood Ferguson)
Brett Comer tallied a career high tying 24 points as Florida Gulf Coast flew by Lipscomb 75-62 on New Year's Day.

“I thought that we got off to a pretty good start,” said Joe Dooley. “Lipscomb did a really good job, especially in the first half. They spread us out and shot some threes...but we were able to eliminate some of those in the second half."

Comer's 24 points came from 9/15 from the field including some acrobatic lay ins.

"We need him to be aggressive because I think a lot of the scoring will open up passing for him," Dooley said. "He's become a lot more well rounded player.

In his first start of the season, redshirt junior Eric McKnight snagged a game high 10 rebounds and added 6 points.

"It was a big emphasis for me to crash the boards tonight so that's what I tried to do," said Eric McKnight. "So I got my job done."

The Eagles have now started Atlantic Sun play 2-0 for the first time in Florida Gulf Coast history. Next up is a road trip that starts in DeLand, against Stetson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By