Trending

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

FGCU alum Chase Fieler posts dominating Dunk City performance

(via Captive Photons)
Fort Myers, Fla. will always be the home of Dunk City, but former Florida Gulf Coast star Chase Fieler made a strong case for the nickname's temporary move to Ourense, Spain.

The Eagles' all time leading rebounder and face of FGCU's Sweet Sixteen team shut down the gym with multiple rim-shaking slams in a recent game with Ourense Termal (see video below). He ended up with 16 points (7/8 FGs), 4 rebounds, and 4 steals in a 94-66 win over Oviedo.

Fieler is averaging 7.1 points and 3.6 rebounds so far in his rookie season as Ourense sits fourth in the LEB Oro standings with a 9-5 record. The former two guard is also shooting 36.1% from three, on 36 attempts.

"They said I need to make sure my perimeter game is a strength that I use to maneuver the league and use it to my advantage," Fieler said in August. "It's kind of something I went away from this season."

At the conclusion of the LEB Oro year, the regular season and post season champions are promoted to the Liga ACB, Spain's top tier league.

"Being my first year playing professionally, I just want to go out there and play as hard as I can to produce enough to help the team win more games than last year," Fieler said in August. "Then try to get into the playoffs and make a run."

Dunks
0:48, 1:30, 1:35, 2:14, 2:47

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By