Trending

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Point Guard Michael Green Talks Florida Gulf Coast Offer

South Plantation High School point guard Michael Green picked up a scholarship offer from Florida Gulf Coast on Monday night.

The Eagles offer marks the second of his young career, the first coming from Northern Arizona.

"It means a lot when it comes closer to making my decision. Not a lot of schools show interest this early," Green said about the Eagles offering early. "I like the effort they put forth into recruiting me. I know it means a lot for recruiting a small kid like I am. It shows that they really want me."

While Green is only 5'11" in the South Plantation jersey, what he lacks in height, he makes up for in quickness and finishing ability. With the high school season over, Green runs the AAU circuit with Team Breakdown - the former home of 2014 FGCU commit Zach Johnson.

"Zach has also been recruiting me. He's been telling me how much he likes the program, how good they've treated him and how he gets along with the team," Green said. "It's not just the coaches, I have a friend telling me it's a good school and good program."

Back on Feb. 8, the two guards out of southern Florida took in Florida Gulf Coast's 73-46 victory over North Florida.

"I loved the intensity of the crowd. I liked the support that the fans show to the basketball team," Green said. "The campus itself is beautiful. I could see myself staying there for the next four years when I go to college. They make me feel really comfortable. I liked the way the staff and the fans treated me."

With a Florida Gulf Coast visit and offer in his pocket, Green is also attracting interest from Florida State, UCF, USF, Mercer, and Georgia among others.

For more on FGCU, make sure to follow us on Twitter (@FGCUEaglesNest)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By