Trending

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

2014 Power Forward Jabari McGhee Talks FGCU Visit And More

(via Jamie Shaw)
Out of Hargrave Military Academy (Chatham, Va.), 2014 power forward Jabari McGhee took an official visit to Florida Gulf Coast earlier in March.

"It was great. It was better than what I thought it was going to be," McGhee said. "The people on campus were very welcoming. It felt like a very homey place - it was nice."

McGhee is a composite three star (247 Sports) ranked 11th in the 2014 class in the state of Virginia. At 6'7" 210 lb., he said FGCU sees him at the four.

"I play with a high motor and they like that about me - come in and get rebounds, finish around the rim and take advantage of the opposing player when I can. That's just what I do."

Prior to taking his visit to FGCU, McGhee visited Western Kentucky. He is taking in Louisiana Lafayette this upcoming weekend and has plans to schedule other visits.

"It's down to FGCU, Western Kentucky, Louisiana Lafayette, Ole Miss, and Georgia Tech," McGhee said.

He isn't looking to start right away, but just patient to find the right fit for him.

"It's not really about that [getting a lot of minutes]. I love to play, but I feel whatever team I go to, I have to bring something to the table. If I'm learning from a guy that's in front of me, thats fine with me. I just want to go the best school with a great family team and that makes me an all around better player."

With visits still to take, McGhee has not yet set out a time table for his decision.

For more on FGCU, make sure to follow us on Twitter (@FGCUEaglesNest)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By